Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Daddy Duck takes the lead

So this past week was a work week for me. It was also the first week of me not being home after the official decision to start a preschool homeschooling curriculum. While most of the homeschooling sites, boards, and what not that I've seen have seemed to be mostly geared to homeschooling moms, I feel like it's important to acknowledge the dads that are contributing to their children's learning experiences.

Fortunately, My husband is able to be home even when I'm not and  though he's not as patient as I am, he is just as invested in making sure she is educated as I am. While other Dads may not be available all the time, fathers still have lots of knowledge to pass on to their little ones and should be acknowledged as a contributor in the homeschool  forums/pages.

This week my husband worked more with reviewing our tiny duck's numbers and shapes. It is a common mistake for preschoolers to confuse squares and rectangles, and our little duck is no different. Together they worked on learning the difference between similar shapes and identifying them in everyday life.  She did more tracing with shapes and numbers and she had fun when her daddy busted out the skittles and let her use them while counting and identifying colors.



 
I missed them like crazy while I was gone, but I was excited to see that she was still just as excited about learning as she was when I had left. My husband did a wonderful job keeping her interested and growing. He did much better then he thought he was able too, given the short attention span of a preschooler. ;) When I got home she was excited to do something fun with me so we made a fish tank.  She learned about fish tank environments and I loved being there to be a part of it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment